Tritlington First School update in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Last week, the Government’s Coronavirus action plan was launched. This document sets out what the UK as a whole has done to tackle the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and what it plans to do next. The action plan can be found here:
The document includes:
- what we know about the virus and the disease it causes
- how the government has planned for an infectious disease outbreak, such as the current coronavirus outbreak
- the actions that have been taken so far in response to the current coronavirus outbreak
- what the government are planning to do next, depending upon the course the current coronavirus outbreak takes
- the role the public can play in supporting this response, now and in the future
Current advice remains in place: No school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case unless advised to do so by Public Health England.
What are we doing in school?
Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19, especially washing hands more; and the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ strategy for those with coughs and sneezes. We will be sharing this message regularly in school and practising how to wash our hands effectively. Hand sanitiser gel may also be used. Please help us in sharing simple and effective hand hygiene messages with your child.
Please inform the school if your child has an allergy to hand sanitiser or you would not like us to use this with your child.
We will also be ensuring that door handles etc are sanitised throughout the school day.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
On Monday a new helpline was launched to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Where to find the latest information
Updates on COVID-19: